The Aga Khan Higher Secondary school, Karimabad (AKHSS, K) is a distinctive institution where students are constantly, consistently and actively engaged and integrated in the teaching and learning experience.
It is with this philosophy and purpose that this school was established in 1995 as the first higher secondary school in the AKES, P network. Over the years, It has proved to be the flagship institution of the network with outstanding academic, co-curricular and sports performances and achievements. AKHSS, K has received the Best College Award for four consecutive years since 1999. Our affiliation with AKU-EB was recent, that is in the year 2008, however, we have made our presence assertively and confidently felt with outstanding academic performances and with an impressive ratio in the number of applications received to the number of seats available.
AKHSS, K has grown phenomenally during the 16 years of its journey in terms of students’ enrollment, learning programmes, facilities and students’ achievements. We started our school with 250 students; today we cater effectively to the needs of about 1700 students in two shifts. Our school goes an extra mile to meet the challenges of an increasingly competitive global village. Now we have several additional facilities / programmes in our school catering to the needs of our students and teachers. This includes students’ counseling, career guidance, internship programmes, preparatory classes for SAT, IELTS and MSAP, a professional development program (PDP) for teachers, field visits, guest speaker sessions and many more internal and external co-curricular activities. These programmes help both our teachers and our students to improve their skills in order to perform even more effectively in their areas of competence.
At AKHSS, K, we strive constantly and consistently to raise our educational standards to meet the demands of a world in dynamic flux. To not only meet, but also face with success the needs of the times to come, we have set for ourselves the following targets for the next five years.
- Enhancement in infrastructure to meet demands of increased admissions.
- Consistent enhancement of ratio of applications received to seats available.
- General Science to be offered as an additional academic discipline
- Greater integration of IT with academic areas.
- Reinforcement and Development of Educational Standards so as to not only sustain, but also enhance the distinctions in results.
- Strengthening of involvement of students in Co-curricular activities.
- Development of Resource Material as Extra-Textual Reinforcement for the AKU-EB syllabus.
- Expansion of the Informal Education Programme by the Student Affairs and Academic Units.
Admission Dates and Process
Admission Process Starts from the first Week of May